Remember, the questions were asked in April 1989, so 'recent' should be interpreted accordingly.
Click here for the answers.
1. Queen first performed this song 'live' back in 1974. They dropped it from the set in 1976 but brought it back in 1977 and they have played it on every tour since. Which song is it?
2. On which track did Roger use his mouth to achieve a 'horn effect'?
3. Which track can be found on the American version of The Cross's "Shove It" album but not found on the UK Version?
4. Which song do the following lyrics come from? "It takes a tough guy to learn some new tricks"
5. Which member of Queen does not wear any jewellry on the cover photo of the "Sheer Heart Attack" album?
6. Which was the only Queen single to be released to feature Brian on lead vocals throughout the 'A' side?
7. What other track can be found on the 3" CD single with "Another One Bites The Dust" and "Dragon Attack"?
8. Brian played guitar on a track for 'Living in a Box'. What is the title of the song?
9. Which track featured John on bass on Freddie's and Montserrat's "Barcelona" album?
10. Which single did Queen perform on 'The Crazy Tour' in 1979 before it's release in 1980?
11. Which Connie Francis song did Queen perform at some of their concerts in the seventies?
12. 1974, 1980, 1986 - What is different about these years to other years Queen have released albums?
13. A 'Queen Day' was declated in Boston USA in 1982, but what did the Mayor of Boston present Queen with for the day?
14. Which promo video did Queen film at London's "New London Theatre Centre" in Drury Lane?
15. Which single marked the first ever single to be released in the 12" format anywhere in the world?
16. Apart from hearing "Thank You" at the end of songs on the live albums, which studio track ends with the words "thank you"? (and it's not 'BackChat' with 'merci beaucoup'!)
17. For what did Queen win an award at the 1987 British Video Awards ceremony?
18. What was different about "Killer Queen"/ "Flick of the Wrist" and "Bicycle Race"/ "Fat Bottomed Girls" singles to others released in the UK?
19. What were Queen doing at Kempton Park in 1976?
20. Which Queen song is featured in the movie "Highlander" which can't be found on their "A Kind Of Magic" album?
21. John Anthony sings vocals on which Queen song?
22. Which actress appeared with Freddie at the "Fashion Aid" charity show in 1985?
23. Apart from English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese and Arabic(ish), what other language can Freddie be heard singing in?
24. Which Elton John song has Queen played at many of their live concerts over the years?
25. Louie Austin produced what track on the first 'Queen' album?
26. Which guest musician provided the 'fairlight programming' on the track "Machines (or Back to Humans)"?
27. Queen won a nomination once for a BAFTA award. For which album?
28. Two Queen singles have been released in the UK that have had both 'A' and 'B' sides penned by Brian. Name both.
29. Queen rehearsed at "Liveware Studios" before embarking on a tour of the UK to support which album?
30. What was the first studio album not to print credits to what each member of the band played?
31. Apart from on the "A Kind Of Magic" album, on what other album can you hear the words "Who Wants To Live Forever"?
32. Apart from the actual song "Keep Yourself Alive", in which other two Queen songs can you hear Freddie sing those famous words?
33. Which Queen album has Freddie credited to one song only?
34. Brian's inspiration for this song came from a dream. Which song was it?
35. What is different about singles released from the "Flash Gordon" and "Queen II" albums to singles released from other Queen albums?
36. Queen's new album "The Miracle" has a cover concept by Richard Gray. Which other Queen album did he also do the cover concept for?
37. At Queen's first ever video shoot for Trident, they performed two songs. What were they?
38. The "One Vision" promo video wasn't the first video to show shots of Queen in the studio mixed with some live footage of the group on stage during a gig. Which was the first?
39. "The Audience Who Attended The Concerts" was the dedication on which album?
40. Which song from "Queen II" did Queen perform on the Magic Tour?